The latest news from Steep in Need is listed below. This will be updated on a regular basis. Please click on the highlighted link to expand the post.
- July 2021We understand from Wilson Designer Homes that the ecology ground work on the field has been carried out but contractors have not yet provided their reports. These reports belong to the Developer but we hope to have a general summary of findings, and will post it. During the next week or so we are planning […]
- May 2021Steep In Need announce that one of their Trustees, Janet Smith, has resigned. The Trustees would like to thank Janet for all her hard work helping the charity over the past years and wish both she and her husband Richard, all the best for the future as they move away from the area after nearly 40 years. SIN would also like […]
- April 2021An Ecology Survey on Church Road field will be started on Friday 30th April 2021 to investigate the presence and movement of any fauna there. A number of mats will be positioned around the field and these will be checked periodically as part of the investigation. The survey should take two to three months to […]
- April 2021The Trustees of Steep In Need (SIN) announce that an agreement has been signed with Wilson Designer Homes Ltd (WDH) for the development of the field to the south of Church Road, Steep, adjacent to the Village Hall. Following a marketing campaign carried out with the assistance of professional advisors, WDH were appointed as they […]
- November 2020On Friday 20th November 2020 Ground Water Monitoring will start on the Church Road field and Village Hall joint site. It is a one-day visit for investigation, core sampling and to install ground water measuring equipment; to be followed by intermittent data collection visits over the next six months. This is an environmental study which […]
- October 2020The field owned by Steep In Need has been sold. The Trustees received an attractive offer for it from a near neighbour and, following professional advice that a sale at the price offered would be in the best interest of the Charity, the sale was completed.
- October 2020Following an extensive marketing campaign, a preferred developer has been chosen. Currently, contract negotiations between all parties are continuing, so agreements have not yet been signed off. The Trustees are sensitive to the wishes of many people to know the identity of the developer and would like to share it, but for commercial reasons it […]
- September 2020
SEP 2020 – AN UPDATE ON THE CHURCH ROAD SITE FROM STEEP IN NEED AND THE STEEP WAR MEMORIAL VILLAGE HALL TRUSTS.Last year the South Downs National Park Authority allocated the site next to the Village Hall in Church Road for development. This site is part owned by Steep In Need and part owned by Steep War Memorial Village Club. The Trusts’ proposal is to provide on the site a well-designed housing development which will include […]
- October 2019The First Local Plan for the South Downs National Park was adopted by the National Park Authority on 2nd July. As explained in earlier up-dates, the new plan incorporates the Church Road site next to the Village Hall and opposite the Mill Lane junction within the settlement boundary for the village. It has been identified […]
- May 2019Further to the article in the February newsletter I am writing with an update on the current position. At the end of January the South Downs National Park Authority (NPA) announced that, at the request of the planning inspector who in late 2018 carried out the public examination into the new draft local plan, it […]